We all deserve meaningful music experiences, no matter what is getting in the way.
We provide music therapy in the Kansas City metro area. (See service area below.)
Our music therapy sessions are for folks with:
- Other physical and cognitive limitations
Why you should consider music therapy for your loved one:
- They get to have rich, engaging music experiences, matched to their energy and interest level.
- They can experience non-musical benefits as well, including:
- Decrease in pain, anxiety, and confusion
- Connection with the people around them
- Access to old memories and the opportunity to tell favorite stories
- Increased focus and attention
- Our board-certified music therapists know how to tailor music experiences to meet your loved one’s interests and needs.
- We all deserve music.
The Soundscaping Source Difference:
- We come to the client’s home for music therapy, whether that is in a family home or a care community. No worries necessary about getting out to another medical or therapy appointment. (See our service area below.)
- We can provide a wide range of musical experiences, depending on the client’s needs and interests, including:
- Singing old favorites
- Playing guitar, keyboard, and other instruments
- Playing simple percussion instruments
- Talking about songs
- Improvising on voice or other instruments
- Writing songs together
- Our therapists specialize in work with older adults with a combined 15+ years serving seniors.
- We work with your loved one’s other care providers to ensure continuity of care.
- We make sure you don’t miss out on the fun – we share video recordings of sessions (with your permission, of course.)
How It Works:
- You request a free phone consultation by filling out the form below or calling us directly. We’ll talk about your loved one’s interests and needs, and set up an assessment session.
- Prior to the assessment session, you fill out an intake survey, to give us some health and musical background information to prepare for the assessment session.
- We do a music therapy assessment session with you loved one in their home, complete with a variety of live music experiences.
- Based on the assessment, we recommend a plan for frequency of music therapy visits and use this to set a schedule according to your wishes.
- With you permission, we share video clips and/or written documentation with you so you don’t miss out on the fun and the joy of knowing how your loved one is enjoying music therapy.
- We end music therapy when your loved one’s needs change, refunding any pre-paid sessions that have not been used.
Want music therapy for your loved one? Call us at (913) 548-7169, or fill out the form below to request your free consultation:
** Our service area includes Platte, Clay, Jackson, and Cass counties in Missouri; and Wyandotte, Johnson, Douglas, and Shawnee counties in Kansas. We go west to Topeka, north to Platte City, south to Raymore, and east to Blue Springs.