Do you love sharing music with seniors? Want to be part of a dynamic company that is making waves in the eldercare world near and far?
Soundscaping Source LLC has a spring 2018 part-time opening for a board-certified music therapist.
We are a growing company specializing in music with older adults. We provide music therapy in senior living, hospice, and community groups for older adults in the Kansas City metro area, as well as consultation for eldercare organizations and music therapists serving elders across the country.
This position involves clinical music therapy with elders, and administrative and writing projects for our practice. The current caseload for this position is primarily in the west of I-35 in the KC Metro area, and in Lawrence and Topeka.
- MT-BC (Music Therapist – Board-Certified)
- Reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Pass background check
This position may be for you if:
- You are passionate about your work with older adults and their caregivers and are full of great ideas for serving them
- You are a strong group leader and in 1:1 sessions
- You have excellent singing and guitar skills and a large (and growing) repertoire of popular music from the 1920s-80s
- You love working independently and desire a flexible schedule
- You’re uber-organized and enjoy making things more organized
- You’re okay with thinking and working outside the box
- You express yourself well in writing
- You love meeting people, making connections, and advocating for music therapy everywhere you go
- You want mentorship from a seasoned MT-BC
- You’re comfortable with mobile technology and can learn new techie stuff quickly
This position is NOT for you if:
- You don’t love working with elders
- You’re uncomfortable around people who are dying
- You struggle with adapting music experiences in the moment
- You need the same schedule and routine every work day
- You take a long time to learn new music
- You struggle with technology
- You can’t keep up with emails, text messages, and voice mail
- Flexible scheduling during our business hours: M-F, 9-5
- Driving to hospice clients, private clients, and senior living communities within the KC Metro area, Lawrence, and Topeka
- Hourly pay commensurate with experience
Email Rachelle at RNorman@soundscapingsource.com
Want to join our team?
Fill out this brief application, and we’ll be in touch!