Are you with an eldercare organization that wants to provide a person-centered service to improve your clients’ quality of life and address mental health needs, while being the kind of service that attracts clients and keeps surveyors happy? Then direct music therapy services will work for you.
(If you are looking for music therapy services for yourself or a family member, click here.)
Soundscape Music Therapy provides direct services in organizations serving seniors and intergenerational populations:
- Nursing Homes
- Assisted Living
- Independent Living Apartments
- Senior Housing
- Home Care
- Adult Day Care
- Community Centers
- Support Groups
- Church Groups
Group music therapy
- Your agency can set up regularly-scheduled music therapy group sessions for 1-4 times per month.
- Your groups may have up to 20 people, with consideration for participants’ ability levels and available staff support.
- The music therapist will provide an assessment for each participant and for the group as a whole. This allows for planned and in-the-moment adaptation of music experiences for maximum participation.
- The music therapist plans music experiences and adapts them in-the-moment according to the needs of participants. You can see some of the experiences common in group music therapy here.
- You’ll receive documentation of music therapy sessions, either on the forms I provide or in any additional format you require.
Group music therapy starts at $65 per 50-minute session or $100 for two half-hour sessions. (Mileage charges may apply.)
Want to know if this is right for your group? Check out these articles on when to hire a music therapist for group music therapy and specialized music-making groups.
Individual music therapy
- Your agency can set up an agreement for one-to-one music therapy sessions, either on a case-by-case basis (e.g. in hospice) or for an agreed-upon number of hours per month (e.g. in nursing facilities).
- The music therapist provides an assessment, care plan, and session notes for each client. Combined with a doctor’s order, this documentation meets the requirements for music therapy to be documented on the MDS 3.0.
- Every music experience will match the client’s needs and interests. Review some of the interventions used in individual music therapy here.