This page goes out to all of the MT-BCs out there who are working with seniors and/or running a private practice, and have at one time thought,
“I NEED HELP!”
We’ve all been there!
That includes me.
I’ve been a board-certified music therapist in private practice since 2004, and I’ve gone through many periods of self-doubt and burnout.
I’ve thought about switching to another field, where I could have a “real job.”
I’ve taken work for less money than I should, just because I needed cash.
I’ve struggled through financial dips and having contracts terminated for silly reasons and barely having the courage to make another phone call to a potential customer.
I’ve also had eight years of sharing music with hundreds of amazing people.
I’ve started businesses in two different cities.
I’ve planned my work around my life so I could get married and have a baby and go to grad school, all while doing the work I love.
I know very clearly that I am doing the work I am meant to do, and that gets me through the hard times.
I want to help you through the hard times.
I want to help you avoid – or survive – burnout.
I want to help you be the best clinician AND the best business owner you can be.
So, now I offer coaching and supervision.
(Or something like that.)
This is for you if:
- You’re new to music therapy, and you desire the expertise of a seasoned clinician.
- You’re new to private practice, and you want individualized help growing your business from a music therapist who has been there.
- You’re struggling with balancing the dual roles of clinician and business person.
- You desperately want to practice music therapy, but you’ve thought about quitting because you can’t get enough work.
- You know you’re meant to be a music therapist, but you aren’t working with the population you love.
- You know you’re in business, but you’ve had a hard time thinking of yourself as a business person or entrepreneur.
- You have clinical or business issues that you can’t discuss in a public forum, like the (excellent and supportive!!) Facebook groups.
- You feel burnt out and ready to quit.
This is not for you if:
- You don’t want to do marketing.
- You don’t want to be self-employed.
- You aren’t ready to do some hard work to get your business growing.
- You’re getting all the information and support you need from all of the free resources and music therapist communities out there on the web.
- You don’t see how your role as a business person affects your clinical work, and vice versa.
Topics we might address include:
- Discovering the music therapy business model that works best for you.
- Creating a marketing plan to attract and retain agency contracts and private clients.
- Managing your practice efficiently, including planning, documentation, and billing methods.
- Troubleshooting relationship snags with agencies/administrators/clients/parents.
- Addressing ethical dilemmas arising from clinical work, business practices, and where the two intersect.
- Processing your own thoughts and attitudes about being in business and being a music therapist, and how these affect your work.
- Getting back in touch with your musical self and how to care for yourself musically.
Super-coach-a-vision is available by phone, Skype, or FaceTime at a rate of $75 per hour.
Still not sure? Contact me to set up a complimentary phone consultation – 20 minutes to pick my brain and figure out if I can help you reach your professional goals.
Once we’ve chatted and scheduled your next coach-a-vision session, make a secure payment through PayPal by clicking the button below: