Get support. Gain confidence. Grow.
Do Any of These Sound Familiar?
- You’ve been re-treading the same session plans for so long that if you sing “You Are My Sunshine” one more time, you’ll scream.
- You’ve got some people interested in your services, but you don’t know how to turn that into a real contract.
- You know you need supervision, but none of your potential “supervisors” have a clue about music therapy.
- You don’t have enough work to equate to a real job, and the marketing techniques you’ve tried don’t seem to be working anymore.
- You’ve spent so long trying to make this music therapy thing work that you’re ready to throw in the towel and find a new profession.
This is true whether you’re a brand-new MT-BC or a seasoned professional, and whether you’re venturing into business for the first time, you’re starting a new program, or you just want to diversify and deepen the practice you already have.
Believe Me – I’ve Been There
I became a music therapist in 2004, and I started my own business straight out of internship. (Yes, it’s possible!) In the years since then, I’ve worked with clients from a variety of clinical populations, with private clients and through contract work.
These days, I have a thriving private practice in Kansas City, where our team serves hundreds of older adults and caregivers, primarily in senior living and hospice settings. I’m on the music therapy faculty at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College, and I give dozens of presentations and trainings each year to music therapy, eldercare, and community audiences.
Burnout? I’ve experienced my share. But today, I’m just as passionate about music therapy as I’ve ever been, and I’m dedicated to helping our profession thrive and, ultimately, helping more and more people access our professional services.
I know what it’s like in the real world for an MT-BC.
I’ve seen the realities of dealing with employers and administrators, and balancing the needs of clients with the demands of decision makers and my own professional standards and self-care needs. I’ve been through the wringer myself, and I’ve helped dozens of music therapists through the ups and downs in their own work.
I’ve been there. And now I’m here to support YOU.
“Rachelle’s work is incredibly valuable and needed in the world. I admire Rachelle’s dedication to serving older adults with the utmost dignity and respect. Her depth, insight, knowledge, and most of all PASSION continue to blow me away with everything that she produces.
Additionally, it is no surprise to me that she comes in high demand as a mentor to music therapists, caregivers, and administrators. She is world class, and I would recommend her work to anyone!”
~ Kat Fulton, MM, MT-BC – President, Sound Health Music and Founder, MusicTherapyEd.com
“When I get stuck or need advice for my senior programs, I turn to Rachelle Norman. When I need guidance or advice in eldercare, Rachelle is who I call. Her care, concern and extensive experiences shine through…
Now other music therapists can access this same support and more through MT Insider. My personal favorite is the sample forms to serve as guides in my eldercare practice. You’ll love being able to call during office hours with your questions and concerns. Music therapists working with seniors will LOVE what Rachelle is offering through MT Insider.
~ JoAnn Jordan, MT-BC – Owner, Music Sparks
The Good News Is This:
You don’t have to go it alone. You don’t have to reinvent the wheel. You don’t have to stay stuck forever.
You can take the fast track to the kind of practice you want to have.
MT Insider will help you get there!
You’re on a journey to your ideal music therapy practice. You need two things to get there:
You don’t want to to reinvent the wheel, creating new forms and brochures and presentations and bibliographies for every single marketing task. You need templates and examples to follow.
You also don’t want to stay stuck in the same old session themes and top 20 songs. (Talk about burning out!) You need fresh ideas for your session plans.
You know you need to stay fresh on the latest research and continue to expand your knowledge about healthcare and business, but who has the time to track this down? You need easy access to ongoing training and education.
Sometimes you aren’t sure which direction to take next, or why a marketing thing isn’t working out, or how to fix a business problem. You need a private chat with someone who’s been there.
Sometimes you just get stuck with a particular client or group of clients, and you’re not sure how to help them best. You need a fresh perspective and gentle guidance from an experienced clinician, in a confidential manner.
And sometimes you just want to talk with someone else who understands, who is trying to figure this stuff out, too. You need a community of like-minded peers.
Enter MT Insider
I designed MT Insider to give credentialed music therapists (YOU!) the resources and support they need to get themselves in front of the clients who need their help. This represents everything I wish I had when I was starting my own practice and at every roadblock or growth opportunity along the way.
Here’s what you get as an MT Insider:
- Business and Advocacy Toolbox – Instead of pulling out your hair figuring out how to create another marketing piece or inservice presentation, use these as your templates or your inspiration. You save time and hassle, and you’ll get the job done sooner.
- Clinical Resource Section – Discover fresh music, themes, and session plans here, and download the resources you need to add new experiences to your repertoire. Bust down those mental roadblocks that make you put off session planning and keep your practice fresh for you and your clients.
- Continuing Education and Training Center – Dig deeper into concepts key to music therapy practice. Delivered via audio/video recording, these trainings are meant for when you need more than just an idea or a form. Current knowledge + deeper inspiration = a burst of energy to build your practice and do your best work.
- Office Hours with Rachelle – Have a private conversation with Rachelle during office hours, offered twice monthly. Call it laser coaching, or call it supervision mini-sessions – this represents your opportunity to talk by phone or video conference with someone who has considerable experience and expertise on this eldercare journey. By the end of the conversation, you’ll be ready to take action to move your practice forward.
- Private Facebook Forum – Find your community in our private Facebook group. I’m there every day, as are your peers. Share your victories, ask those vexing questions, and lean on our shoulders when things get tough. Get the support you need to stop procrastinating and build the practice you want to have.
Get a sneak peek into MT Insider in the video below:
We Help Business Owners AND Employees
MT Insider is here to support you in your work, whether you are employed by an facility, looking for a few contracts, or building a full-fledged music therapy business.
Top Benefits for Employed Music Therapists:
- Supervision. Many MTs are one-of-a-kind in their facilities, with supervisors who don’t know much about our work. At MT Insider, you get supervision and support from a seasoned MT-BC during monthly office hours.
- Clinical Resources. Everyone runs out of ideas from time to time, and getting stuck using the same materials over and over again can definitely cause burn out. At MT Insider, you can get fresh ideas and ready-to-go session materials that are easily adapted for your clients.
- Peer Support. Curious how other MTs make things work in their facilities? Need a place to vent with people who understand? Our Facebook group is perfect for connecting with other MTs in eldercare.
What MT Insiders Are Saying:
“MT Insider has helped me establishing my role as a true Music Therapist in my facility...taking the music therapy position in my facility from more of an ‘activities position’ to a respected facility-wide position in which I provide services to residents who need and can benefit from music therapy. The best thing in my music therapy practice now is that every resident receiving music therapy has goals and interventions on their care plan! MT Insider also provides me with music therapy supervision when I need guidance or assurance in my skills. Thanks, Rachelle!”
– Kirsten Wells, MT-BC
“Thanks for your help! It is encouraging to feel like I’m on the right track with business/professional standards. Because I am the only MT that I work with, and I have been developing the first MT program at the organization I work for, and it is my first job as a professional, it often can feel like I’m just making things up. I know that I have a quality education and that I have the resources to learn anything I don’t already know, but often time does not allow for copious amounts of reading/learning when things need to get done ASAP!”
– Libby Norris, MT-BC – Senior Sing-Along
Top Benefits for Music Therapists in Private Practice:
- Business Coaching. You’ve refined your clinical skills, but do you have the knowledge and experience you need to make your business work? Whether you’re gung ho about building your biz or just trying to make a living as a music therapist, you need help from someone who’s been there. Use office hours for laser coaching – pick my brain, bounce ideas off of me, and troubleshoot the issues that come up as you’re building your practice. Gain confidence in your role as a business owner and move your business to the next level.
- Done-For-You Forms and Templates. No more need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to the paperwork you need for your business. Download documentation forms, marketing materials, and more from the Business/Advocacy Toolbox and save hours of time.
- Peer Support. Business development can feel awfully lonely, especially when you can’t tell whether things are working well or moving in the right direction. Connect with your peers in our Facebook group for encouragement on your business-building journey.
What MT Insiders Are Saying:
“As I developed my own private practice, Rachelle’s site and conversation helped me refine and define my direction. She is willing to share her expertise in business development and has excellent ideas on the fine points of working by contract. Her site is filled with thought-provoking information on the use of music with older adults, both by caregivers and Music Therapists. Her words and wisdom challenge me to remember and celebrate exactly why I chose this work!”
– Leslie Meadows, MA, MT-BC – Con Brio Music Services
“My dream is to work with the elderly using music therapy. MT Insider has helped me learn so much about music therapy with elderly clients.”
– Ashley Lundquist, MT-BC – Healing Melodies Music Therapy
“My dream is to grow MT in my area and help spread the awareness of MT as a healthcare option and a credible profession. I’m hoping to grow my business until I can provide an internship site for future MTs. MT Insider has helped me connect with other amazing MTs and learn from their experiences! I’ve gained confidence in being an independent MT business woman and love the support I receive from Rachelle and other Insiders.”
– Leslie Jones, MT-BC – Musical Bridges Music Therapy
Affordable access to the resources and support you need to thrive
It is true – private clinical supervision and business coaching take a financial investment. I’ve personally spent thousands of dollars on coaching to help me grow in my business, and every dollar was worth it.
But I also know what it’s like in the real world. (And I’m still paying off student loans, too!)
As much as I know how valuable education and supervision and resources and peer support are, I also know very well what it feels like to be starting out as a new professional or building a practice on a shoestring budget.
So, I’ve decided to make this program as affordable as possible, so more music therapists can get out in the world, doing what we do best.
Your investment in MT Insider is only $149 now, then $49 per month after that.
One private coaching or supervision session with me is $197 by itself, so you can see this is an incredible value. Plus, I only want you to be here if you are getting what you need to make your practice soar.
You can cancel at any time – no worries and no fuss. And on top of all that, your monthly rate will stay the same as long as you’re a member – even when the monthly investment goes up in the future as our resource libraries grow.
I cannot wait to share everything we have here for MT Insiders, but most of all, I can’t wait to see all of the wonderful things you are going to do in your music therapy work.
See you on the inside!